Chicken Cacciatore (adapted from Eli311)
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1/2 c. flour
3 T. olive oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. dry white wine
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
3 T. capers, drained
1 t. oregano
1 t. parsley
1. Cut each chicken breast in half so that you have 6 pieces total. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper.
2. Put flour on a plate and dredge the chicken through the flour.
3. Heat 2 T. oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute the chicken until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Put chicken on a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet heat remaining oil. Add red pepper, green pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add wine and simmer about 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes, broth, capers, oregano, and parsley. Heat 3-4 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and coat them with the sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Made from Scratch Tuesdays, Tuesday Night Supper Club
Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table
What's Cooking Wednesday, Real Food Wednesdays