I packaged mine with pink cellophane and tied on sparkly ribbon with the directions to make the hot cocoa. Everyone raved about how cute they were and what a great idea it was. I also have made several for our New Year's Eve party tonight so that I don't have to worry about powdered mixes and finding marshmallows. It's a wonderful way to serve hot cocoa.
Hot Chocolate on a Stick (adapted from Lark's Country Heart)
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
3 c. chocolate (chocolate chips, bars of chocolate, chocolate melts)
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 T. strong coffee
1 t. cinnamon
36 large marshmallows
1. In a medium size sauce pan mix together the heavy cream and condensed milk. Stirring constantly until it begins to steam but do not boil it!
2. Remove from heat and add in the chocolate and the unsweetened chocolate. Stir for about 30 seconds and then let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Mix in the coffee and cinnamon.
4. Spray two loaf pans lightly with cooking spray and spread half of the chocolate mixture into each pan. Let it sit for 6 hours at room temperature or overnight.
5. After 6 hours remove the chocolate from the pan and place on a cutting board. Cut it into 6 slices. Put three sticks in each slice and then cut each slice into 3 cubes. Push a marshmallow on top of the stick. Tie on a ribbon or package in cellophane and give as gifts.
This post linked to: