Small Shells with Spinach, Bacon, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (adapted from Cooking Light)
12 oz. small shells (or other short pasta)
4 c. bagged, prewashed spinach
3 slices bacon
1/3 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 t. red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. black pepper
1 t. salt
3 T. Parmesan cheese
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. butter
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water, and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Leave 1 teaspoon of bacon drippings in the pan, removing the rest.
3. Heat the bacon drippings in the pan over medium heat. Add in the spinach and cook until just wilted. Toss in the sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute stirring frequently.
4. Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, black pepper, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring well to combine. Add in the butter and stir until just melted. Remove from heat.
5. Sprinkle the pasta with lemon juice and half of the Parmesan and bacon. Place the pasta on plates and add additional Parmesan and bacon if desired.
This post linked to: