Thankfully I picked the right recipe! This cheesecake bite recipe is not too difficult and it made sweet and creamy cheesecake bites. I got several compliments on the black bottoms of the cheesecake as well. I used homemade blueberry jam, homemade strawberry jam, and hot fudge to make the swirls. You can use any store bought jam, homemade jam, or ice cream topping in your swirls. I can't wait to try these with other flavors!
Cheesecake Bites (adapted from Buns In My Oven)
For the crust:
1 c. Oreo cookies, crushed
2 T. melted butter
For the filling:
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 c. sugar
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
For the topping:
Hot fudge, caramel, jams, nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 mini muffins tins with paper liners. (I ended up using 40 of the 48 cups).
2. Combine the Oreos and melted butter in a small bowl and combine with a fork until they form a moist crumble. Spoon 1 teaspoon of mixture into each mini muffin cup.
3. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Beat in the sugar and mix for 1 minute. Mix in the salt and vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time beating until each is fully incorporated.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling on top of each chocolate crust. Dot 1/2 teaspoon of topping on each cheesecake bite. take a toothpick and swirl the topping into the cheesecake.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack and then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
This post linked to: