The resulting blondies looked really good. They were golden brown and the peanut butter cups had slightly melted into the blondies. My husband and his buddies said that they enjoyed the addition of the peanut butter cups. I love that these are a bar cookie which makes them super easy to bake.
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies (adapted from Prevention RD)
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. smooth peanut butter
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 T. applesauce
1 t. vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 c. chocolate chips
10 mini Reese cups, quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 pan with baking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In another bowl cream the butter and the sugars. Mix in the peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange the peanut butter cups over top of the batter, pushing them slightly into the batter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
This post linked to: