There's only one week left until Easter! If you are looking for a quick and easy Easter treat to make with your children, try these delicious bird's nests! There are only three ingredients and they take only minutes to make. I made them for the kids at school and they loved them! I didn't tell them that I used Chinese noodles because I think that would have scared them away, but calling it chocolate crunches did the trick! These are not only great for Easter but they can be used as centerpieces or favors at any spring time event.
Bird's Nests (idea from Better Homes and Gardens)
3-4 c. Chinese crunchy noodles
2 c. chocolate candy melts
Speckled jelly beans or speckled M&M's
1. Place two sheets of waxed paper on your work table.
2. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between each interval until the chocolate is completely melted.
3. Put the Chinese noodles in a large bowl. Pour the melted chocolate over top and mix well until all the noodles are covered.
4. Using your hands grab a handful of chocolate noodles and form it into a nest shape. Press your finger in the middle to make an indentation. Place three jelly beans or M&M's in the center of each nest. Allow the chocolate to set for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the waxed paper and store in an air tight container until ready to use.
Sundae Scoop Sunday, Not Baaad Sundays, Scrumptious Sundays
Sugar Me Up,