I really enjoy the food blogging community and I have fun participating in activities with other food bloggers so when the opportunity arose to participate in a progressive picnic I was all about it! When I found out my course was dessert I was even more excited. I had tons of ideas about what type of dessert I wanted to make but in the end when I think of a picnic dessert I think of cookies or brownies because they are easy to pack and easy to eat.
I didn’t want to make a typical cookie or brownie for the progressive picnic so I searched for something out of the ordinary and came to a decision on white chocolate brownies. These brownies are perfect for an outdoor picnic. They are so different from the regular chocolate brownie but are delicious in their own way. The brownie is thick and starts out tasting cake like but then just melts in your mouth from all the white chocolate in the batter. A smattering of chocolate chips in the brownies adds another dimension. These brownies are the perfect ending to a picnic.
White Chocolate Brownies (adapted from Tartlette)
5 T. butter
6 oz. white chocolate
1 t. vanilla
½ t. salt
1 ¼ c. flour
2 T. milk
½ c. chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter and half of the white chocolate in the microwave checking every 30 seconds until the mixture is melted. Stir in the rest of the chocolate until it is melted.
3. In a medium mixing bowl beat the eggs and the sugar until they are pale and thick.
4. Add the white chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix. Stir in the salt, flour, vanilla, and milk until just combined.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates at Growing Up Gabel
Red, White, and Blue Sangria at Peace, Love, Recipes
Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps at Run DMT
Picnic Perfect Potato Salad at What's Cooking with Ruthie
White Chocolate Brownies at Hezzi-D's Cooks and Books
This post linked to:
What's Cooking Wednesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesdays, Sweet Tooth Fridays
Sweets for a Saturday,