This recipe was inspired by a dish we served at Don Parmesan's the restaurant where I was a waitress for 6 years. I absolutely loved working there. It was a fun place to be, I enjoyed waiting tables, the people were so much fun, and the money was good too. It felt a little like a family business since my brother was a pizza cook, my cousin was a waitress, and her husband was the manager there. It was a little Italian place that served wood fired pizza, numerous pasta dishes, and a delicious olive oil and garlic dip for your bread.
Any type of ravioli can be used in the dish but this time I used spinach ravioli. It's topped off with a garlic butter sauce, wilted spinach, and bacon. The sauce is buttery, filled with garlic, and the bacon gives it a nice crunch. It pairs perfectly with crusty bread and a salad.
Ravioli Florentine (a Hezzi-D original)
20 oz. spinach ravioli
5 slices bacon
3 c. fresh spinach
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 T. Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
1 t. black pepper
1 t. Italian seasonings
grated parmesan cheese for topping
1. In a large skillet cook the bacon until it is browned. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel. Crumbled and set aside.
2. Drain all but 1 teaspoon of bacon fat from the skillet. Heat the spinach and garlic cloves in the bacon fat and cook until spinach has just wilted.
3. Add the butter, and crumbled bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat water to boiling. Cook the ravioli according to package directions. Drain and add to the spinach and bacon mixture.
5. Cook the ravioli for 2 minutes with the sauce making sure to cover the ravioli. Sprinkle with black pepper and Italian seasonings.
6. Serve warm and top with parmesan cheese.
The people at Land O Lakes were nice enough to not only give me a coupon to buy their butter with olive oil & sea salt but they gave me one to give to a reader as well! This giveaway is open to readers in the US and Canada. This giveaway will run through June 15, 2012. Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted via e-mail on June 16. All you have to do is leave me a comment telling me what you would make with Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and leave your e-mail address.
Connect with on Twitter and Facebook.
Don't forget to stop by all the other wonderful blogs participating in Sunday Supper with Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Linguini with Clam Sauce by The Pig and the Fig
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cider Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- Empanadas by The Primlani Kitchen
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Buttery Sea Salt Tuna Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken with Butter Sauce and Fresh Veggies by BG Garden
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious