In the summer I hate to turn on the oven. We do not have central air so most of our cooling power comes from fans strategically placed around our house. I typically look for meals that we can grill or can be made on the stove top in under 20 minutes.
For the past 3 weeks I've had these double crunch pork chops on the menu. Each week something comes up to push my menu back several days and I haven't gotten around to making it. This week I took the pork out of the freezer on Friday knowing it would be ready to make on Sunday.
The pork chops are dipped in flour, then egg, then flour again. They are pan fried to a golden brown. A honey garlic soy sauce is made on the side. This dish was ready in about 15 minutes. The pork chops were crispy and golden. The sauce is slightly sweet, salty, and full of garlic. It's absolutely delicious. I served it with mac n cheese but next time I would put it over rice with a side of steamed vegetables.
Double Crunch Pork Chops (adapted from Rock Recipes as seen on A Seasoned Greeting)
4 thin cut pork chops
1 T. olive oil
1/2 c. flour
1 egg, beaten
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1/4 t. ginger
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 t. thyme
1 t. sage
1 t. paprika
1 t. parsley
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 t. black pepper
1/2 t. ginger
1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. In a shallow bowl combine the flour, salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg, thyme, sage, paprika, and parsley. Beat the egg in another shallow bowl.
3. Dredge the pork chops through the flour, then into the egg wash, and back into the flour. Press the flour firmly onto the pork chops so that it is well coated and sticks. Place in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the honey, soy sauce, black pepper, and ginger. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove the pork chops to a plate and drizzle with the honey garlic soy sauce.
This post linked to:
Whatcha Whipped Up, Cast Party Wednesday, Recipe Box Wednesday,