This month I received Fit Mama Real Food as my blog for the Secret Recipe Club. Heather is a fitness instructor with an adorable little boy. The recipes on her blog are made from natural ingredients and so many of them looked delicious. I found one for Almond Butter Brownies but since I had Nutella in my pantry and not almond butter, I substituted that in.
I'm not going to lie; my version of these brownies are not all natural. I substituted in ingredients that I would normally use in my house. The feel of the brownies is still the same and they are still doubly dark and delicious. The Nutella, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips add a deep richness to these brownies. We really enjoyed them as did my co-workers when I took them in to work.
Double Dark Chocolate Nutella Brownies (adapted from Fit Mama Real Food)
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. Nutella
2 T. canola oil
2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. cocoa powder
2/3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 T. milk
1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the egg, sugar, Nutella, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Add in the milk and stir until it is completely mixed into the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter in the dish, using the back of a spoon to smooth it into the pan. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Cut and serve.
This post linked to:
Trick or Treat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday,