I love making homemade cookies. They are easy to make and taste so amazing. But every once in a while I just don't feel like making cookies from scratch. Last night was one of those nights. I needed to make a treat for my students, I had bought Peeps and Jet-Puffed Bunny Marshmallows, but I didn't want to make the cookies. Luckily I had a tube of Pillsbury slice and bake cookies.
Easter Bunny Cookies (idea from A Spicy Perspective)
1 tube Pillsbury sugar cookies
2 c. powdered sugar
1 T. meringue powder
1 t. vanilla
4-6 T. water
2 T. cocoa powder
12 bunny Peeps
12 Jet-Puffed Bunny Mallows
1. Bake the sugar cookies according to the package direction. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar, meringue powder, and vanilla. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
3. Divide the icing in half and add the cocoa powder to half of it. You may need to add additional water to the chocolate icing.
4. Frost half the cookies in vanilla icing and half in chocolate. Quickly press a Peep or Bunny Mallow onto each cookie and top with sprinkles.
5. Allow 1 hour for the icing to harden then store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
This post linked to:
Tasty Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays,