Hummingbird Cake (adapted from Southern Living, February 2012)
For the Cake:
1 c. chopped pecans
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. Bob's Red Mill graham flour
2 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs, beaten
3 bananas, mashed
12 oz. crushed pineapple in juice
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 t. vanilla
For the Glaze:
4 oz. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 T. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your Bundt pan by spraying it with cooking spray and then lightly dusting with flour.
2. In a large bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
3. Stir the eggs, bananas, pineapple, oil, and vanilla into the flour mixture. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Fold in half the pecans.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool the cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Flip the pan over and remove the cake. Cool for at least 1 hour.
6. To make the glaze combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a food processor. Process until well mixed.
7. Pour the glaze over top of the cake and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Take a look at all of the other amazing tropical Bundt Cakes from this month!
Bananas Foster Bundt by Anita from Hungry Couple
Blue Hawaiian Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands
Chocolate Bundt With Coconut Cream Cheese Filling by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP Chocolate Coconut Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic
Coconut and Rum Tea Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
Coconut Banana Bundt Cake with Rum Glaze by Lora from Cake Duchess
Coconut Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House
Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
Hummingbird Bundt Cake by Jennie from The Messy Baker Blog
Lime Glazed Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
Mini Pineapple Bundt Cakes with White Chocolate Ganache by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
Pina Colada Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
Pineapple Bundt with Kuih Tat Filling by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
Vanilla Orange Bundt Cake with a Hint of Coconut by Laura from The Spiced Life Very Vanilla Bundt Bake by Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious
White Chocolate Guava Cake by Kim from Ninja Baking
Here's how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month!
- Simple rule: Use any tropical fruit - and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before March 31, 2013.
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to Lora and Anuradha's announcement posts.
Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from over 350 Bundt cake recipes.
Link to BundtaMonth on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/BundtaMonth
Link to BundtaMonth on Pinterest -
This post linked to:
Thursday Treasures, Tasty Thursday, Fantastic Thursdays, Full Plate Thursday,