― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Fast forward many years, as my husband and I were flying to Hawaii on our honeymoon the in-flight movie was the new version of Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp. I was a little apprehensive to have a remake but it was truly awesome! The way they portrayed Wonderland was so colorful and lifelike it really made for a great movie.
This week Sunday Supper’s theme is Tantalizing Trays. That means all the savory and sweet goodies you’d love to find on an appetizer, dessert, or other tray. Since I love making cookies, I wanted to make a fun cookie that would be perfect for a dessert tray at a tea party or a kids party. I think you’ll agree these Alice in Wonderland cookies fit the bill.
In the end we decided on 5 different cookies. I made bottles that said “drink me”, cookies that said “eat me”, playing cards, Alice’s dress, and teapots. They were super fun to make and were a hit at the party. They have since become one of my most popular cookies to date.
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 sticks butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar and continue mixing on medium until fluffy.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
4. Place the mixer on low and add in the flour mixture, mixing until just blended.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
7. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out the desired shapes. I used a 3 inch circle for the “eat me” cookies, a teapot shape, a rectangle for the playing cards, a dress, and I hand cut the bottles for the “drink me”. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes or until they no longer look wet on top.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.