This week Sunday Supper is sharing easy Entrée Salad recipes! I’m excited about this because we eat a lot of entrée salads in the summer. It’s often too hot to cook a full meal but it’s easy to grill up some meat and add it to a delicious salad base. I often make chicken salads, steak salads, and even pork salads.
This week I am sharing another entrée salad using Certified Angus Beef London Broil. London Broil is a cheaper cut of meat that tastes delicious when it is marinated or used with a dry rub and then grilled. I decided this week to make Southwestern Steak Salad for dinner.
Before I made the salad base I had to make a dry rub for the steak. I often just use a pre-made packet because I find them to be just as good as homemade rubs but I didn’t have anything with a southwestern flare. So I quickly went through my pantry and made a quick dry rub using chile powder, cumin, brown sugar, and garlic. I rubbed it on the steak and left it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
When making the base of this salad I wanted to include all of my favorite southwestern flavors. This means I topped the lettuce off with tomatoes, peppers, black beans, corn, jalapenos, and avocado. You can change it up using any of your favorite taco toppings or southwestern ingredients.
I didn’t make a homemade dressing for this salad because I thought regular old Ranch would be fine and it was. You can even make a tasty dressing using just Ranch dressing and salsa together for a southwestern flare.
I loved this salad. It was super easy to make. I threw the base together in about ten minutes while my husband grilled the steak. The steak itself was slightly sweet and slightly spicy which tasted great on top of the salad. This is definitely an entrée salad we’ll be enjoying a lot this summer.
- 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef London Broil
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 t. chile powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 6 c. Romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 c. black beans
- ½ c. corn kernels
- 3 T. pickled jalapenos
- ½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- To make the dry rub combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix well then rub all over the London Broil. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to make the salad heat a grill to high heat. Place the London Broil on the grill and cook on one side for 3 minutes. Flip it over and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135. Remove to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, place the romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Top with all of the other ingredients then toss to combine.
- Divide the salad mixture between 4 plates and top with grilled steak.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing.
Sunday Supper Summer Dinner Salad Recipes
Brilliant Beef Salads
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Choice Chicken Salads
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
Superb Seafood Salads
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Vibrant Veggie Salads
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.