Last week when I went to the market I saw a bag of pastel colored bunny shaped marshmallows. Without knowing what I was going to do with them I picked up a bag and threw them in my cart. I knew I’d figure it out when I got home.
A few days went by and I forgot about the marshmallows until we had a snow day. Whenever we have a snow day I’m always in the kitchen baking. I came across the marshmallows and so went looking in the cupboards for other ingredients to through together some type of sweet. I found mini Cadbury eggs, mini white chocolate Reese cups, and a bag of pretzels. In other words, the perfect ingredients for some Easter bark!
My original intention was to make it from white chocolate but when I looked at my chocolate stash I found this found these fun white chocolate melts with sprinkles in them! I then mixed in a few colored chocolate and made a pretty swirl design. Then I topped the bark off with the pretzels and candy! It looks pretty and taste great.
It also works for this months What’s Baking? theme which is to bake with sprinkles. This month our What’s Baking host is Jen from Beantown Baker. Make sure you stop by her blog and say hello!
Easter Bark (a Hezzi-D original)
12 oz. white chocolate melts (with sprinkles if desired)
3 oz. each of pink chocolate, orange chocolate, and blue chocolate
1 1/2 c. Kraft Jet-Puffed BunnyMallows
12 mini Cadbury creme eggs
12 mini White Chocolate Reese cups
1 c. mini pretzel twists, broken into pieces
1. Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Place the colored chocolates in small, microwave safe bowls. Heat for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring in between heatings, until they are melted.
5. Pour the melted white chocolate onto the baking sheet and spread out with a spoon. Take each of the colored chocolate and place spoonfuls of each on top of the white chocolate. Using a knife swirl the colored chocolate into the white chocolate to make a nice pattern.
6. Immediately top the chocolate with the Cadbury creme eggs, mini Reese cups, BunnyMallows, and pretzel twists. Sprinkle with green sprinkles.
7. Set aside and allow to harden for 30 minutes. Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.