It’s my 3 year blog anniversary! I can hardly believe that what started out as a tiny blog that I shared with my friends and co-workers 3 years ago has become the success that it is today! I still love blogging. In fact, I think I love it even more now then I did when I first started. How am I celebrating? I’m bringing you FOUR days of giveaways! Make sure to come back tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday to see all of the giveaways!
One of the things I love most is the community. I’m part of an online cooking board and I share everything with those wonderful ladies; my achievements, my problems, and just my life in general. They’ve come to be a family to me. Then I’m part of 6 food blogging communities where we share ideas, talk, give each other tips and pointers, and post at least once a month together. It’s such a wonderful feeling that people that share a love of food can come together for that reason but then end up being friends.
This past year I had the opportunity to go to not one but two blog conferences as well as attending two online. I learned a ton of great information, was able to meet some of my virtual friends in person, and I made a lot of good contacts.
|Here we are at Mixed Con!|
I’m back on my Biscoff kick. This week I was going to make the Biscoff Banana Chocolate Chip muffins again but I wanted to take them to my parents and my brother can’t eat chocolate because they trigger his severe migraines. At first I thought I’d just make Banana Biscoff muffins but that’s no fun. So I searched my pantry until I found some cinnamon chips I had hidden in the back.
I added the cinnamon chips along with some nutmeg and ended up with Cinnamon Spiced Biscoff Banana Muffins. They were definitely drool worthy as the nutmeg and cinnamon chips only added to the Biscoff Spread. These are more of a dessert then a breakfast, but since they do have bananas in them I may have had several for my breakfast.
Cinnamon Spiced Biscoff Banana Muffins (a Hezzi-D original)
6 T. butter, softened
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
1/3 c. Hershey’s cinnamon chips
1/2 c. Biscoff Spread
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Add in the eggs and mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Mash the bananas and then add them to the sugar mixture.
5. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
7. Pour the muffin mixture into the prepared muffin pans. Place a small spoonful of the Biscoff Spread on top of each muffin and use a knife to swirl it into the mixture.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.