Do you ever buy a small bunch of herbs at the store in hopes of using them in several recipes only to have them die on you several days later? This happens to me all the time! I get so annoyed that I’m throwing money out the window but fresh herbs are so much better then the dried ones in recipes. I’ve been looking at a way to make them last longer and finally found Dorot Garlic and Herbs.
Dorot Garlic and Herbs are picked, then immediately chopped, then packaged and frozen in a unique fast freeze process, maintaining their taste, freshness and nutritive value. They are perfect for use in soups, dinners, and side dishes! I love the fact that I can keep them in the freezer and pull them out as needed and they won’t be dead within a week.
Want to try them out for yourself? Check out my giveaway at the end of the post to win Dorot Garlic and Herbs! One of my readers will win 6 coupons good for free Dorot products!
I’ve been really enjoying using this product because it makes cooking so much easier. There’s no chopping, so hands smelling like garlic, and no worrying about the herbs going bad. The very first recipe I made using these herbs was a delicious pasta dish.
I made a multi-colored pepper, fresh tomato and mozzarella pasta with a basil garlic butter. This dish was so easy I had it completely made in 20 minutes. It is also a really pretty dish with the green, red, orange, and yellow peppers topped off with fresh mozzarella. I’m thinking this one is going to be on our menu a lot in the coming months!
Colored Peppers, Tomato, and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta with Basile Garlic Butter (a Hezzi-D original)
10 oz. bow tie pasta
1 T. olive oil
4 Dorot Crushed Garlic cubes, divided
3 or 4 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
1 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
4 T. unsalted butter
3 Dorot Chopped Basil cubes
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 T. fresh lemon juice
4 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Heat the olive oil and 1 Dorot Crushed Garlic cube in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. As soon as it is melted add in the remaining crushed garlic cubes and the basil cubes. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice.
5. Reserve one tablespoon of the basil garlic butter mixture and pour the rest over top of the peppers and tomatoes.
6. Serve the pasta with a hearty portion of the peppers and tomatoes then top with the fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with the reserved basil garlic butter.
Dorot provided me with the garlic and herbs and a stipend for my work but all opinions, photos, and text are 100% my own.