I haven’t done a recipe swap in a while because I’ve been crazy busy but when I found out this month’s theme was vegetarian I had to do it! We try to eat vegetarian twice a week. Usually one dish is pasta or Italian and the other has tofu in it. I’ve made both dishes many ways but I’m always on the lookout for others!
Our swap is hosted by Sarah at A Taste of Home Cooking. This month the blog I received with Cooking with LT, which is a wonderful food blog written by Laura. I had a hard time choosing a recipe because I kept getting side tracked by recipes with meat in them and dessert recipes.
However, when I came to the recipe for lemon pasta I didn’t even have to think twice. Apparently I’ve already pinned 4 versions of this recipe and kept thinking about making it but never did. The recipe swap gave me the kick in the pants I needed to make this pasta dish. I’m so glad I did!
I was both intrigued and nervous about a lemon sauce on pasta. I like a good lemon sauce with fish or even chicken but I wasn’t sure about with pasta. It turns out it’s delicious! It was light, flavorful, with just a few hints of lemon. The cheese on top gave it a slightly salty taste and I actually had this pasta for lunch the next two days!
Baked Lemon Pasta (adapted from The Pioneer Woman, as seen on Cooking with LT)
1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained
4 T. butter
1/4 c. onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
1 c. sour cream
1 t. salt
1 t. black pepper
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
3 T. parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a skillet, heat the butter in a large skillet. Once it is melted add the onions and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add half of the fresh lemon juice and sour cream. Mix well until combined.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and add the salt, pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. Add the lemon zest a little at a time, tasting after each addition, until you get the flavor you are looking for.
5. Pour the spaghetti into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is beginning to brown.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Serve hot.