Some nights after dinner Frank and I are just looking for something sweet. It doesn’t happen all that often but when it does we both start raiding the cupboards looking for anything that will help our sweet craving. Often I’ll think about making cookies or brownies but they take too long and I don’t want to be out in the kitchen after cooking dinner.
Last night as I was on the hunt for something sweet I saw a box of Rice Krispies. I immediately started searching for marshmallows in hopes I could make Rice Krispie treats. In my search I sadly did not find any regular marshmallows but I did find a bag of Gingerbread Marshmallows. My creative side took over and I came up with a gourmet Rice Krispies Treat.
Gourmet you ask? Yes these were gourmet. After tasting the Gingerbread marshmallows I had a good idea how to jazz the treats up. I added espresso powder and cinnamon chips for a delicious Cinnamon Espresso Rice Krispies Treat. It was delicious and I made it in under 5 minutes.
I’m sharing it this week as part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Meal Planning Magic, because it’s the perfect gourmet treat to share around the holidays but only takes minutes to make. In fact, I’m planning on keeping the ingredients on hand throughout the holidays so if we have friends stop by I can whip up and pan and we can have dessert in coffee in less then 15 minutes.
Cinnamon Espresso Rice Krispies Treats (a Hezzi-D original)
3 T. butter
2 t. espresso powder
2 c. Jet-Puffed Gingerbread Marshmallows
2 1/2 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 c. Hershey’s cinnamon chips
1. Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish or 9 x 9 baking dish an set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. When it is just about melted stir in the espresso powder and mix until it is dissolved.
3. Add in the gingerbread marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted and mixed with the espresso butter.
4. Remove from heat and add in the Rice Krispies and cinnamon chips. Stir until everything is completely mixed together.
5. Using a buttered spatula, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it until it is smooth.
6. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then cut into squares and enjoy.
Don’t want to miss any of my holiday recipes? Then be sure to CLICK HERE so you can subscribe to all of my updates.