Last weekend we had our first party at our new house. It was also our first time hosting a holiday party and I have to say we had a great time. A bunch of our friends showed up and it was just a great way to start off the holidays. I made a ton of appetizers and desserts and then finished it off with a holiday sangria.
The sangria went quickly. I didn’t use a recipe and just went with my gut on what to put in it. I basically combined two different wines, some fruit just, a few fruits, and rosemary. Since I used one sweet wine I didn’t have to add any additional sugar. The rosemary added a faint but delicious flavor to the beverage.
Not only did the sangria taste amazing, it looked really pretty and festive too! The floating cranberries, oranges, and rosemary really brightened it up. Plus, it makes enough for 10-12 people to each have 2 glasses so there was plenty for everyone! I’m thinking we’ll be serving this up again New Year’s Eve.
- 1.5 liter bottle of Pinot Grigio
- 1.5 liter bottle of Sweet White Wine (I used Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Blend because while it is sweet, it isn't excessively sweet)
- ½ c. orange juice
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. fresh cranberries
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 large pear, diced
- 10 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3-4 c. sparkling soda water
- Pour the Pinot Grigio and sweet white wine into a large container. Add in the orange juice, lemon juice, and lime juice. Mix well to combine.
- Add in the fruit and rosemary and mix. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving add in the sparkling soda water. Serve over ice.