So last Friday I came home from work and found a large package sitting on the porch. I love getting packages and couldn’t wait to take it inside and open it open. When I looked at the return address I saw it was from Relished. Relished is a company that sends all the ingredients needed to make fresh and delicious meals. Each week they send a portioned ingredients kit filled with fresh, locally sourced food along with instructions to make the meals each week. I really like that on their website you can get information on the calories per serving and see the chef who created the recipe.
My box contained three meals. All of the ingredients, minus the meat, came portioned and were packaged in a brown bag with a label on it. The meat came packaged separately and was vacuum sealed. Along with the ingredients came a large recipe card that included a photo of the finished meal and step by step directions on how to cook it.
I excitedly opened my box and was pleased with the meals that were chosen for me. The first meal was Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Pan Seared Chicken. The second meal was Lamb Meatballs with Creamy Polenta and Tomato Ragout. The last meal was Panko Crusted Cod with Roasted Baby Carrots and Asparagus. How delicious do those sound? I love that all the vegetables are fresh and ready to go.
All three meals were easy to prepare in around 30 minutes. The all tasted fresh and delicious. I’m going to share the Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Pan Seared Chicken today. The quinoa is mixed with roasted brussels sprouts, red peppers, and yellow peppers. It’s piled high on a plate and served with pan seared chicken on the side. It was a simple yet tasty meal and both my husband and I enjoyed it. Not only did it taste good, it looked great as well with all the bright colors from the vegetables.
I know what you are all wondering. It sounds easy and delicious but how much does it cost? The cost is $9.95 per serving and you can order up to 5 meals per week! You choose how many servings you need-2, 4, or 6.
Do you want to try Relished? Relished delivers to over half of the United States. Plus for one week only my readers can use the promotional code “HezziD” at the checkout to receive 50% off your first order! Do it quickly though; this offer is only good for 1 week! To order go to the Relished website.
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 8 Brussels Sprouts
- 3 T. parsley, minced
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1½ c. quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the Brussels Sprouts in half. Chop the peppers into 1 inch pieces. Slice the green onions into thin bias cut pieces. Roughly chop the parsley.
- Place the Brussels Sprouts, red peppers, and yellow peppers on a baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the quinoa. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the pan. Saute the chicken for 6 minutes per side or until golden brown. Slice the chicken into 1 inch slices.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa and the roasted vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salad in the middle of a plate, piling it high. Sprinkle with green onions and parsley. Place the sliced chicken on the side of the plate. Enjoy!
Connect with Relished via Social Media:
I received a Relish box containing 3 meals to try but all opinions are 100% my own.