Wings are one of those foods I just don’t like to make. Actually, I don’t really like to get them much when we are out either. They are messy and when they are deep fried they are just dripping with fat. I have to admit I do enjoy a good, crispy wing when I can get one. There’s a place in Pittsburgh called Quaker Steak and Lube that has some amazing wings. My favorite one is called Louisiana Lickers which is a hot garlic, BBQ mix. It’s delicious.
With all that said, my husband loves wings and sadly I rarely make them for him. I’ve made baked wings several times but they just aren’t that great. We had the idea to grill wings last week. I went to the store and grabbed a package of wings. When I got them home to make them, I realized I had to cut them apart. That in itself was quite an adventure, but I did manage to cut the wings into two parts.
I sprinkled them with salt and pepper and my husband placed them on the grill. He grilled them for about 20 minutes and they were just starting to char and get crispy. He pulled them off the grill and I tossed them with 2 different sauces. One is my homemade BBQ sauce which is sweet and spicy and went great with these wings. The other sauce was a spicy sauce that we make frequently.
The wings turned out delicious! I’m not sure which I liked better, the BBQ or the hot sauce. The wings were hot and crispy and bursting with flavor. They weren’t greasy at all. This is definitely my favorite way to make wings now and I can’t wait to come up with some new flavored sauces!
- 3 lb. of wings, cut into 2 pieces
- salt and pepper
- ½ c. homemade BBQ sauce
- ½ c. Frank's Red Hot
- 3 T. salted butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. black pepper
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Ranch dressing
- Blue Cheese dressing
- Heat a grill to high heat.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper and place on the grill. Grill the wings, turning every 2-3 minutes, for 20 minutes or until the wings are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, combine the Frank's Red Hot, melted butter, garlic cloves, and black pepper in a medium bowl with a lid. Mix well and set aside.
- Place the BBQ sauce in another medium bowl with a lid.
- Take the hot grilled wings and place half in each bowl. Put the lid on both bowls and shake to get the wings coated.
- Remove from the bowls and put on a platter along with carrots, celery, Ranch, and Blue Cheese.
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
- BBQ Stuffed Calimari from Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement