This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
We’ve been doing a lot of shopping at Sam’s Club recently to get ready to go back to school. Last week when we were there I saw Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry which are real cranberries dipped in dark chocolate. Since I love Dove chocolate I had to try them. They are amazing! The dark chocolate is smooth and delicious while the cranberry is tart and fruity. I could probably eat the entire bag but thankfully refrained from doing so. I couldn’t wait to get them home and bake them into a wonderful dark chocolate recipe.
Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry is only going to be available for a limited time at Sam’s Club so get there soon! Trust me, you are going to love this better for you snack option. Who can resist dark chocolate and real fruit? Not this girl! Plus I’m really excited to hear that they are coming out with Dove® Fruit Whole Cherry version of this snack later on in the fall.
Once I got the chocolates home all I kept picturing in my mind were brownies. I’m not sure where the idea for chocolate cranberry brownies came from but once it was in my head I had to make it. Then once I started making the batter, the rest came easily. These brownies are out of this world. They practically melt in your mouth.
The start with a basic homemade brownie batter made with cocoa powder, which is my first chocolate. Next I added in some bittersweet chocolate chips. Go with the bittersweet because it’s not quite as sweet and these brownies are already incredibly rich. These simply add a melted chocolate goodness to the brownies. Then I chopped up a lot of the Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry and tossed them in. They added the taste of dark chocolate as well as a sweet and tart cranberry taste.
As if that wasn’t enough I had to go a step farther and add chocolate ganache. What’s a great brownie without ganache? Then I topped each individual brownie with a single dark chocolate covered cranberry. These were pure bliss. I ate way more of these then I care to admit but they were that good.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- ½ c. flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry, cut in half
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 16 Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberry
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and pour it into a large bowl. Add in the sugar and mix well. Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate covered cranberries.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl heat the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it is melted completely. Quickly stir in the condensed milk and spread over top of the brownies before it hardens. Place the 16 Dove® Fruit Whole Cranberries on top in 4 rows and 4 columns (where you will cut the brownies).
- Once the ganache has hardened cut the brownies into 16 pieces and enjoy.