This month I’m participating in a new group of bakers. It’s Bread Bakers group and I’m excited to be a part of it and start baking bread! This month the theme is “a touch of grape.” I was stumped by what type of bread I could make with grapes but after thinking for a while I decided I wanted to make something with wine. And what goes better with wine then chocolate? Not much in my book.
This Double Chocolate Red Wine Bread is a quick bread that is ready in under an hour. It’s a delicious, deep chocolate bread made with a sweet red wine and mixed with chocolate chips. The bread is delicious for dessert or anytime with coffee.
I made it in several small paper loaf pans so I could keep one for myself and give the others to my friends. This would be a great bread to make and give out at the holidays along with a small bottle of red wine
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ c. sweet red wine (I used Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1¼ c. flour
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 small loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Add in the red wine and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill the small loaf pans ½-3/4 of the way full. Place the paper loaf pans on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (If you are making the bread in a regular sized loaf pan bake for 1 hour).
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Check out all of the delicious breads featuring grapes!
- Beaujolais Bread from Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Rocío at Kidsandchic
- Double Chocolate Red Wine Bread from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Grape Focaccia from Kimberly at Rhubarb and Honey
- Golden Raisin and Fennel Sourdough Pocket Bread from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grape Bread Pudding from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grape Cornbread from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Grape Focaccia from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Grape Poppy Bread from Mireille at Chef Mireille’s East West Realm
- Oat & Raisin Hokkaido Loaf from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Peshawri Naan from Anshie at Spiceroots
- Poached Pear Brioche Tart from Sophie at Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Povitica from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Raisin Bread from Caro at En La Cocina de Caro
- Savory Grape Bread with Goat Cheese, Lemon and Coarse Salt from Jenni at Pastry Chef Online
- Schiacciata all’uva from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Dry Grapes Bread with Cinnamon from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
How to join:
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.