This week Sunday Supper is sharing Libation recipes! I was excited about this one because of the holidays coming up soon. I kept saying I was going to work on a few signature drink recipes but I just wasn’t getting around to it. So when I heard the theme for this week I knew it would kick me into high gear!
Last night we had a big holiday party with all of our friends. It started out as a few friends coming over and turned into a big holiday party. Since so many people were coming I wanted to make a few super fun cocktails perfect for the holidays. I choose two recipes that I could pour in big jugs and drink that way and one recipe that was elegant and gorgeous in a champagne flute. I’ll be sharing my Cranberry Ginger Margaritas later on in the week but today I’m sharing a champagne cocktail.
This isn’t just any champagne cocktail…it’s a BLUE champagne cocktail! How fun is that? This Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail is fun, fruity, and delicious. It combines orange vodka, blue curacao, and champagne. It’s a really great combination of flavors. The rims of the glasses are dipped in blue sanding sugar which gives this cocktail a sparkle. I served it with orange wedges on the rims but it would be really fun to cut up a star fruit to garnish it with.
- 2 oz. Orange Vodka
- 1 oz. Blue Curacua
- 3 oz. Champagne
- 2 slices of orange
- blue sanding sugar
- Take one orange slice and run it around the rim of a champagne glass. Turn the glass over and dip into the blue sanding sugar.
- Pour the orange vodka and blue curacuo into the champagne glass. Gently swirl to combine.
- Fill the glass up with champagne and place an orange slice on the rim.
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup with Wine Braised Shallots by Pancake Warriors
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Coconut Biscotti with Amaretto Salted Caramel Drizzle by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board