Awards season is here and Sunday Supper is celebrating with a Red Carpet Party! To me, every red carpet party needs a specialty drink so I set about to make a fabulous one.
I have been in a cocktail mood lately and have been using what we have in the bar downstairs in new and fun cocktails. Most of them are fruity because I like the lighter cocktails. I try to make cocktails that aren’t too sweet because it’s hard to drink more then one when they taste like sugar water.
Earlier in the year I made a Lemon Ginger Tea Martini that was super tasty. I kept the ginger syrup in the refrigerator because it’s a great way to add flavor to iced tea, water, and even baked goods. So when I was looking for a new cocktail I found myself thinking of another one using the ginger flavor.
I had half a bottle of apple pie vodka left from a party we had and I thought apple and ginger sounded great together. I ended up mixing the apple pie vodka, ginger syrup, a splash of orange liqueur, and some some regular vodka into a martini. I rimmed the edge with shimmering gold sugar and floated an apple slice in the middle of the drink
It ended up looking great and tasting really good. This is one of the stronger cocktails I’ve made, but it still has a great flavor. While the drink is served ice cold, it’s really a drink that can warm up your core. It’s the perfect martini for a red carpet party with your friends.
- 2 oz. apple pie vodka
- 1 T. ginger simple syrup
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 slices apple
- Gold sugar
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 T. grated ginger
- Rub a slice of apple around the rim of a martini glass.
- Pour the gold sugar into a shallow dish. Dip the rim of the martini glass in the gold sugar. Set aside.
- Fill a shaker with ice and add in the apple pie vodka, ginger syrup, orange liqueur, and vodka. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour into the prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with the apple slice.
- *To make the simple syrup combine the water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat and cool.
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Have you heard about Food and Wine Conference? It brings together bloggers, small business owners, wine makers, chefs, public relations professionals, brands, and more for three fun filled days in Florida! This year Food and Wine Conference will be held July 17-19 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando, Florida. Want to come? Use the code FWC15kingh and receive $50 off your ticket price! www.foodandwineconference.com