Cinco de Mayo is coming! While this is a traditional Mexican holiday that celebrates Mexico’s unlikely victory over French forces in the Battle of Puebla in 1862, it is often celebrated in the United States by eating Mexican food and drinking Mexican beverages. I usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo by cooking up delicious Mexican food and enjoying a margarita.
Every year I try to make something a little different but I only have so many recipes. I went searching for some fun and festive recipes and I came up with 20 recipes from my favorite food bloggers that look incredible and I can’t wait to try. So if you haven’t finalized your Cinco de Mayo menu yet, make sure to check out these Cinco de Mayo recipes.
Appetizer and Drink Recipes:
1. Southwestern Guacamole from Gator Mommy Reviews
2. Seven Layer Dip Cups from Baking Beauty
3. Black Bean and Corn Salsa from Lori’s Culinary Kitchen
4. Mexican Cornbread with Hatch Chiles from The Rebel Chick
5. Mexican Artichoke Dip from Crumbs and Chaos
Main Dish Recipes:
1. Easy Vegetarian Nachos by Cheap is the New Classy
3. Baja Fish Tacos from My Turn for Us
4. Taco Pizza from Mom Foodie
5. Tamale Pie Casserole from The Kitchen is My Playground
6. Wet Burritos
7. Southwest style Crab Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Lori’s Culinary Creations
8. Pork Fajita Filo Lasagna from Mama of Three Munchkins
9. Pork Carnitas with Green Sauce from My Turn For Us
Dessert and Drink Recipes:
2. Beer Margaritas from Tammilee Tips
3. Sopapillas from The Redhead Baker
5. Watermelon Margarita from How Was Your Day?
6. Tres leches Cupcakes from Mom Foodies