Do you ever have nights when you can’t figure out what vegetable to serve with dinner? I often have that problem. I feel like most of the time we have steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, balsamic green beans, or roasted vegetables. My husband and I get tired of the same old weeknight vegetables so I’m always looking for something new that’s easy too.
I found a recipe for crispy green beans with sriracha mayo. I’ve been growing green beans in my yard and they’ve had a lot of green beans at the farmer’s market so I knew I could grab a bunch of them. The green beans are dipped in eggs and panko then baked in the oven. Then they are served with a side of Sriracha Mayo.
The green beans are crispy and delicious. I love that I can use a fork to eat them or just pick them up and dunk them. The Sriracha Mayo is cool with a spicy finish and goes well with the green beans.
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- 3 T. buttermilk
- 2 t. Sriracha
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 lb. green beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, buttermilk, Sriracha, and lime juice. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a shallow dish beat the eggs. In another shallow dish combine the panko, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Dip the green beans in the eggs and then into the panko. Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the green beans are cooked and the Panko is golden brown.
- Serve with Sriracha mayo dipping sauce.