Vegetable side dishes are hard for me. I’m not sure why but I always end up cooking and serving the same side dishes. We often have roasted vegetables, balsamic green beans, or Parmesan roasted cauliflower. Salads are also often on our menu
So whenever I come across a recipe for an easy vegetable side dish that sounds good I rip it out of the magazine I’m reading. In fact, I have a little pile of vegetable recipes in a folder in my desk. The funny part is that many of them are very similar recipes
Broccoli is one of my absolute favorite vegetables especially when it’s roasted. This is a simple recipe that tops the roasted broccoli with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and crunchy almonds. It’s healthy with a nice, bright flavor from the lemon juice. It’s a great side dish for chicken or pork.
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 T. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. almonds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the broccoli in a bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the broccoli in a baking pan and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add the garlic and stir.
- Put the baking pan back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the Parmesan cheese and almonds.