Happy 4th of July weekend! How are you spending this lovely weekend? We are spending it celebrating the July birthdays at my parents house! I love this time of year because in addition to the July 4th holiday we celebrate my husbands birthday, my dads birthday, my cousins birthday, and my birthday!
Since the 4th of July is tomorrow the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing easy to make patriotic recipes to get you ready for your cookouts and picnics! I had so many ideas on what to share today but since I was busy baking birthday cakes and pies I went for something super easy.
Today I’m sharing Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats! These are so easy, only require 3 ingredients, and you can have them made and ready to eat in under 20 minutes. They are the perfect dessert to take with you to your July 4th parties!
All you need to do is make 3 separate batches of Rice Krispies Treats. Then you color one red, one blue, and leave the third white. I use AmeriColor gel paste because you only need a drop to get the color you are looking for. I find with other food coloring it takes a whole bottle of red to actually get things to look red.
So once you make the batches you layer the blue Rice Krispies on the bottom and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Then layer on the white and refrigerate for 5 minutes. Finally top with the red and refrigerate for 5 minutes. That’s it!
After you are finished cut into squares or use a star cookie cutter to make shapes. It’s such an easy recipe but they look really cute. Everyone will have fun eating these during your 4th of July celebration.
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 4½ c. mini marshmallows (about 1 bag)
- 3 T. butter
- red and blue food coloring
- Spray a 9 x 9 or 7 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 tablespoon of butter and 1½ cups of marshmallows. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is melted. Remove from heat and mix in blue food coloring and 2 cups of Rice Krispies.
- Quickly spread the blue treats into the bottom of the prepared pan. Use a wooden spoon sprayed with cooking spray to smooth it out. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon of butter and 1½ cups of marshmallows in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is melted. Remove from heat and mix in 2 cups of Rice Krispies.
- Quickly spread the white treats on top of the blue treats, using a wooden spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 tablespoon of butter and 1½ cups of marshmallows. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is melted. Remove from heat and mix in red food coloring and 2 cups of Rice Krispies.
- Quickly spread the red treats on top of the white treats, using a wooden spoon sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement