It’s summertime and that means cocktails out on the porch! Since I don’t work in the summer I love experimenting with fresh flavors and cocktails. It’s so nice to sit out on our screened in porch in the evening and sip on a flavorful cocktail to relax after the day. This week the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing Simple Mixed Drink recipes!
One of my favorite cocktails is a margarita. As I looked through my blog the other day I realized that I’ve made quite a few margaritas recipes but I’ve never blogged the classic margarita! How is that possible? I have no idea but I’m not sharing the classic recipe today.
Today I’m sharing a Pineapple Margarita recipe. I don’t know what it is about pineapples but I love enjoying them whenever I can. I love the sweetness that a pineapple brings to kabobs, to a fruit salad, and to a cocktail.
While the pineapple we get in our hometown is good, it’s nothing compared to the pineapple we tasted when we were in Hawaii. There is nothing quite like a fresh picked pineapple. It’s sweet, it’s juicy, it’s totally delicious. In fact, I almost had my brother ship me one when he went to Hawaii this spring!
This is a pineapple margarita recipe but it doesn’t have fresh pineapple in it. It actually uses pineapple juice to get the sweetness and flavor. I think that’s probably a good choice because the sweetness of pineapple juice tones down the liquor flavor in this margarita. I also used a bit of orange juice to give it a little bit of tartness.
The resulting cocktail is awesome. It’s a sweet and tart margarita with tropical flavors. It’s perfect for sipping in the summertime.
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- ½ oz. lime juice
- Run the rim of a glass under water and then dip the rim into margarita or coarse salt.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice combine all the margarita ingredients. Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain into the salted cup and garnish with a slice of lime or pineapple. Enjoy!
Sunday Supper Simple Mixed Drink Recipes
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom
For even more inspiration check out these Simple Mixed Drinks for a Refreshing Summer by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement