Today’s post is sponsored by Barlean’s, Hamilton Beach, and Rhodes Bread as well as Crispy Green, The Spice House, and PackIt. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #Back2School
While it pains me to say it, I go back to school next week. I feel like this summer has flown by! We’ve had a lot of fun and the older J gets the more fun summers are. I think back to last summer where we didn’t go outside except for maybe 30 minutes a day because we took him for a walk in the stroller. This year we are outside for hours either playing in the yard, going to the park, or swimming. What a difference a year has made!
But now I’m thinking about going back to school. I also have to think about J going to school several days a week as well. This means there are two of us that will need lunches on that day. I wanted to come up with something that both of us could eat either as part of our lunches or as an after school snack. The thing that I kept coming up with was pudding.
I didn’t want to just make some pudding and call it a day. I wanted to make something that was fun and maybe give it a little flavor. Since it’s still summer time I made these super fun Sun and Sand Pudding Cups. The sun part comes from two types of pudding while the sand comes from graham cracker crumbs. Layered together it makes a wonderful snack.
For the pudding layer I simply used instant vanilla pudding. I cut down on the amount of milk then divided it into two bowls. In one bowl I simply left it vanilla flavored but dyed it with yellow food coloring. In the other bowl I used Barlean’s Seriously Delicious Omega Pals to give it a tangerine flavor. Barlean’s Omega Pals are safe for kids ages 1 and up so perfect for school ages kids. It contains fish oil which gives 500mg Omega-3 EPA & DHA per serving and does not taste fishy at all! I think it gave the pudding a great flavor and added a pretty orange color.
The sand layer is just crushed graham crackers so once I had everything ready to go I just layered it in a glass. I thought the yellow and orange putting made it look like a sunrise or sunset. While I put them in glasses because we were eating these at home I would put them in small half pin mason jars or a small plastic container for taking them with us to school.
- 1 package (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2¼ c. milk
- 1 T. Barlean's Omega Pals in tangerine
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 c. crushed graham crackers
- gummy fish or mermaid tails (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together the vanilla pudding mix and the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Divide the pudding into two bowls.
- Add the tangerine Omega Pals to one bowl and the yellow food coloring to the other. Mix well.
- Gather 4 containers. Place 1-2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the containers. Spoon in one color of pudding, another 1-2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs, the other color of pudding, then another 1-2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs. Repeat if desired to fill your container.
- Add gummy fish or mermaid tails if desired.
#Back2School Recipe Inspiration
It’s hard to believe it’s already time to be talking about going back to school! It seems like summer just flew right by! To celebrate and help get you ready for this busy time, we’ve got loads of great back to school recipe ideas for you, along with an awesome giveaway.
For more amazing #Back2School recipes, please follow our #Back2School Pinterest board. Be sure to also check out my fellow bloggers participating all week long for more delicious dishes!
Blogghetti, Bowl Me Over, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, Cheese Curd In Paradise, Cooking With Carlee, Doodlecraft, Everyday Eileen, Family Around the Table, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, Juggling Act Mama, Karen’s Kitchen Stories, Mandatory Mooch, Palatable Pasttime, The Schmidty Wife, and Wendy Polisi.
The giveaway includes the following prizes:
- Omega Pal’s Prize Pack from Barleans
- 1 item (winner’s choice from featured products) from Hamilton Beach
- Cookbook and coupons from Rhodes Bread
- 4 six-pack bags of Crispy Fruit snacks (mixed flavors) from Crispy Green
- Best Sellers Collection Gift Box from The Spice House
- Freezable Lunch Bag + Mod Lunch Bento from PackIt
Official Rules and Conditions: One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Open to US residents 18+ only. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 08/21/2019. Enter using the widget below.