In case you haven't heard, I am one of Sabra's 2014 Tastemaker Panel members! That means I get all the inside hummus information from Sabra. Did you know that today is National Hummus Day? I was so excited about today that I held a special hummus themed happy hour at my house last night to celebrate! We enjoyed pita chips and hummus, crostini with hummus and vegetables, vegetable hummus wraps, and several other hummus themed appetizers that I'll be sharing soon! We even did a hummus tasting!
Wondering how you can get involved in National Hummus Day? Sabra is hosting giveaways on all of their social media channels! Here are your options:
- Facebook: For 24 hours on 5/15 you can visit the Sabra Facebook page and get Hummus Day coupons and a free e-book, Hummus for Dummies
- Twitter & Instagram: Sabra will be giving 10 lucky winners a prize pack including Sabra swag, free Sabra coupons and a $100 Visa gift card! To enter, just post a photo of yourself with any Sabra product on 5/15 with the hashtag #HummusDay
- Pinterest: This one you can get in on right away. Now through 5/15 Sabra will be running a “Pin It to Win It” campaign with opportunities to win free hummus, Sabra swag, and another $100 Visa gift card. Enter anytime through the 15th right here
In honor of National Hummus Day I wanted to share a fabulous lunch recipe with my readers. Lunch is the hardest meal for me. Breakfast is easy because I only eat toast or an English muffin along with a cup of coffee. I don't like anything too heavy and bread products are my thing. Dinner is always easy too because I make a weekly menu plan with for dinner and everything is planned out. That means that for lunch I'm usually throwing a frozen meal in my bag or digging through the refrigerator trying to come up with a sandwich that sounds ok.
Looking through my refrigerator yesterday I had a sudden inspiration. I had leftover cooked chicken, romaine lettuce, onions, and Sabra hummus. The chicken and romaine immediately had me thinking chicken Caesar and when I looked in the pantry I found a package of wraps! A few chops, a little grating, and some digging for Caesar dressing and I had a delicious lunch wrap that was filling but not fattening.
I used Sabra's Luscious Lemon Hummus which I thought worked so well with the chicken Caesar filling. It helped the filling stick inside the wrap and added a bright lemon flavor to it. There was plenty of crunch from the lettuce and onions and this was just a tasty lunch! The best part is that it only took a few minutes to toss together. It would also be perfect for a brunch or luncheon as the wraps can be cut into 4 or 6 pieces and served along side macaroni salad, fruit, and a veggie tray.
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 c. cooked chicken, diced
- 2 T. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T. red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 T. light Caesar dressing
- 3 T. Sabra Luscious Lemon Hummus
- anchovies (optional)
- 2 wraps
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, chicken, Parmesan cheese, and red onion. Toss to combine.
- Add the Caesar dressing to the bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Spread 1 ½ tablespoons of the lemon hummus on each of the wraps.
- Divide the chicken Caesar mixture between the wraps, spreading it over the middle of the wrap. Add several anchovies if desired. Roll the wraps up tightly and slice in half.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
I have partnered with Sabra as part of their 2014 Tastemakers Panel. I have been compensated for my recipe, however all opinions are entirely my own.