After we are finished playing games it's usually time for dessert. As desserts are my specialty, I am the one who makes the desserts. I like to make seasonal desserts that are holiday appropriate. One that I have found that is perfect for winter holidays is the Cranberry Bliss Bar.
The Bliss Bars have a layer of blondies, topped off with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkled with cranberries. Not only is it delicious but it's a pretty dessert as well. This dessert is easy to make but is certainly a crowd pleaser.
Cranberry Bliss Bars (adapted from Taste of Home)
¾ c. butter
1 ½ c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 ¼ c. flour
1 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
½ t. cinnamon
½ c. white chocolate chips
½ package (4 oz) cream cheese
¼ c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
½ c. white chocolate chips, melted
¾ c. dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with baking spray.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown. It will smell nutty. Once it begins to turn brown remove it from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl mix the browned butter and brown sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and white chocolate chips.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir well. Spread into the greased pan and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. To make the frosting combine the cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Pour in the melted white chocolate and beat until smooth.
7. Frost the top of the blondies with the frosting. Sprinkle with cranberries. Cut into bars and serve.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Wands by Cravings of a Lunatic
Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconu
Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen