This week Sunday Supper is getting tropical! We are sharing our favorite recipes using tropical fruits in order to get ready for sunshine and summer. I only wish I was on a tropical island with a delicious fruity drink in hand.
Have you ever heard of a drink that is supposed to taste like your favorite baked good only to buy it for $7.50 and find out it tastes nothing like it? That used to happen to me a lot. People would tell me the chocolate cake shot tasted just like chocolate cake. I'd buy a shot, take it, and be totally grossed out. Or the apple pie martini which tastes somewhat like apples but not apple pie?
That is not the case with this Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail. I just happened to have everything I needed to make it in the house and decided to give it a try. I figured even if it didn't taste like the cake, I could make a different tropical drink with the pineapple juice. The Whipped cream vodka and pineapple juice sounded wonderful but I wasn't sure about the half and half. It sounded weird with the juice.
I mixed everything together in a shaker and shook it up. I poured it into a martini glass and didn't like the way it looked. The half and half was beginning to separate and I was scared to try it. I took a sip and....WOW! Surprisingly it tasted just like pineapple upside down cake! I told my husband and he looked skeptically at me. He then took a sip, looked at the drink, then quickly took another sip! He thought it tasted awesome.
I wouldn't have thought that the half and half would give it that extra cake flavor but it certainly did. This is a great party drink or a cocktail to enjoy outside in summer.
- 1 ½ oz. whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz. Pineapple juice
- 1 oz. half and half
- Splash of cherry juice
- Maraschino cherry or pineapple slice (optional)
- Place the whipped cream vodka, pineapple juice, and half and half in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well for 30 seconds. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a cherry or slice of pineapple if desired.
Recipe from Pinnacle
Tidbits and Pupus
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni's Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline's Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish - Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma's Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Seven Layer Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Tropical Foods and Drinks Sunday Supper
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement