Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline's Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. We'll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
I've been in a baking frenzy recently. I feel like from Halloween through Christmas I spend every weekend baking. There are parties to go to, events happening at school, and so many orders for baked goods. While a lot of these are items I ship out to other people, I also do a lot of holiday baking for myself and my family and friends.
My normal holiday baking includes a lot of cookies, some homemade jams, and fudge. On occasion I make different types of bread in mini loaf pans to give as gifts or in regular bread pans to enjoy at our house. I like recipes that make two full loaves because I'll often make one regular loaf for us to eat and then make 3 or 4 mini loaves to give as gifts.
This year I made a delicious pumpkin cranberry bread. I really like how to spices in the pumpkin bread paired with the tartness of the cranberries. It is totally a fall bread that is perfect for serving at holiday parties.
It's a quick bread so there is no yeast in it and no waiting for it to rise. The bread is simply mixed together in a bowl, poured into a pan, and baked. It is so easy to make and so worth it for the flavor. A fun way to give this as a gift would be to make some homemade whipped pumpkin butter, put it in a mason jar, and give it along with a loaf of this bread. How fun would that be to receive at the holidays?
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans or 16 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dried cranberries. Divide the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake the mini loaves for 30 minutes and the regular sized loaves for 50 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean they are baked. Remove and place on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges, remove from pans, and cool completely on the wire rack.
Check out all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Baked Pork Chops with Cranberry Thyme Sauce from Hostess At Heart
- Cranberry Caipirinha from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chicken Thokku from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry Cornbread Dressing from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Oatmeal Sourdough Muffins from Cooking With Carlee
- Cranberry-Sage Breakfast Sausage from Palatable Pastime
- Jaegerschnitzel with Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks