Tomorrow is the first day of the school year. The kids don't start back for another week but it's my first week. This week for Sunday Supper we are all sharing back to school recipes. This is great because I'm always looking for snack ideas, lunchbox ideas, and quick dinners for school nights.
Today I'm sharing an easy lunchbox idea. I pack my lunch everyday at work. I only have 30 minutes for lunch so there is never time to run out and get something. Plus, I like packing my own lunch because it's cheaper and it's better. Some days I have a sandwich, sometimes leftovers, and other times a frozen meal.
This week I'm sharing one of my favorite wraps. It starts with a little ranch dressing on a wrap then in topped off with turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and red onions. Roll it up, cut it in half, and pack it up along with a piece of fruit and a small bag of chips for a great school lunch.
- 2 wraps
- 2 T. ranch dressing
- 6 oz. turkey lunch meat
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and cut in half
- ⅓ c. lettuce, chopped
- 4 sliced American cheese
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Place the two wraps down on a plate. Spread 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing on each wrap.
- Divide the turkey, bacon, lettuce, cheese, and onions between the two wraps.
- Wrap the wraps up and cut in half. Enjoy!
Getting Started On School Days
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins by Caroline's Cooking
- Caramel Apple Granola by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats by Whole Food | Real Families
- Funfetti French Toast by Brunch with Joy
- PB&J Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Ideas for the Lunchbox
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix by Noshing with the Nolands
- Mini Pepperoni Calzones by The Redhead Baker
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
After School Snacks and Beverages
- Back to School Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Fruit 'n Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Quinoa, Oat and Pecan Blueberry-Peach Crumb Bars by Simply Healthy Family
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits by An Appealing Plan
- Mother’s Ruin Punch by Food Lust People Love
- "Nut Butter" Rice Crispy Balls by Books n' Cooks
- Parmesan Crisps Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Apple Nachos by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Pizzas by Our Good Life
School Night Suppers
- Beef Peppers and Onions Burritos by Family Foodie
- One Pot Bacon-Cheeseburger Pasta by A Gouda Life
- Oven Fried Portabello Mushroom Fries by Food Done Light
- Peanut Chicken Cutlets by Magnolia Days
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Cream Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Turmeric Chicken and Couscous by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Sweets to End the Day
- Gluten-Free Almond Joy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker
- M&M Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispy Treats by The Crumby Cupcake
- Paleo Cherry Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Plum Crumble Bars by Feeding Big
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement