3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach
2 ½ c. part skim ricotta cheese (we used Maggio)
2 c. part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 t. pepper
1 t. salt
2 t. Italian seasonings
4 c. marinara sauce
1. Cook the shells according to the package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Pour 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan and place the shells on top of the sauce. (I put half the shells in a baking pan and the other on a baking sheet to freeze.)
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Then add in the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
5. Begin filling the shells with 1-2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture. If there is any leftover put into shells that need more.
6. Top the shells with 3 cups of marinara sauce, enough to fill the bottom of the baking dish as well as on top of the shells. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Serve with parmesan cheese and chopped basil.
This post is linked to: