When I think of Valentine's Day desserts I think of sweet, pretty, and pink. These brown sugar blondies are all of those things. The blondies are full of sweet brown sugar, are mixed with chocolate chunks and Valentine's M&M's, then sprinkled on top with the M&M's. I served these treats to my students at school and they were begging for more!
Brown Sugar Blondies (adapted from Baked Perfection)
2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
10 T. butter
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. vanilla
1 1/2 c. M&M's (Valentine's Day colors)
1 c. chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix well. Add in both eggs and vanilla and blend together.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
5. Stir in 1 cup of the M&M's and all of the chocolate chunks. Spread into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the top of the blondies with the remaining M&M's. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown on the edges and cooked through.
This post linked to: