Valentine’s Day is less then a week away! What will you be doing this year? My husband and I usually end up going out to dinner and spending a quiet night a home. It’s a nice day to spend time together without all the interruptions of a normal day. While we do order dessert out sometimes, more often then not I end up making us a dessert when we get back home.
Not sure what you are doing yet? Never fear, #SundaySupper is here! This week our theme is Savory and Sweet treats for Valentine’s Day. I wanted to share a sweet and delicious dessert that is great to share with your loved ones on Valentine’s Day.
These Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies are rich, sweet, and chocolatey. Not to mention they are really pretty with red and white swirls. For an extra special treat serve them with ice cream on the side.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies (adapted from The Novice Chef)
1 box red velvet cake mix (plus oil and eggs to make the cake)
2 T. milk
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 t. vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 18 jelly roll pan. I didn’t have one this large so I used a 15 x 10 pan and an 8 x 8 pan.
2. In a large bowl prepare the red velvet cake mix according to the package directions. Remove 3/4 cup of the batter and place it in a medium bowl.
3. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared pans and use a spatula to smooth out the batter to the edges.
4. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese and sugar. Use a hand mixer and beat until fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing until there are no more lumps.
5. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the red velvet cake mix in the pans. Smooth with a spatula to the edges.
6. Add the milk to the reserved red velvet cake batter. Mix well.
7. Drop spoonfuls of the red velvet batter on top of the cheesecake batter. Drag the tip of a knife through the mixture to make a swirled pattern on top of the cakes.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through the cooking time.
9. Remove the cakes from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut the cakes using a heart shaped cookie cutter or cut in to squares. I ended up cutting one pan into squares and the other in to hearts.
Check out what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew is serving up for Valentine’s Day. And get ready…everything is so fabulous you’ll feel like you’ve been shot in the behind with cupid’s love arrow…
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Breakfasts, Apps & Main Dishes:
- Asparagus, Clam & Bay Shrimp Pasta from Galactopdx
- Bacon Double Cheese Burger Bites from In the Kitchen with KP
- Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni from Curious Cuisiniere
- Garlic Shrimp Bruschetta from MarocMama
- Green Olive, Goat Cheese & Basil Crostini from Hip Foodie Mom
- Indian Shrimp Pulao from Soni’s Food
- Individual Beef “Phyll-ingtons” from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ranch, Bacon and Cheese Crisps from Daily Dish Recipes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Rissóis de Camarão | Portuguese Shrimp Dumplings from Family Foodie
- Spicy Red Cabbage Quiche | Veggie Quiche Recipe from Masala Herb
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Sweet Eats:
- Banana Bourbon Blondies from The Messy Baker
- Banana Cream Napoleon from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Butter M&M Cookies from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Brown Butter Rolo Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies from Damn Delicious
- Chocolate Baumkuchen from Webicurean
- Chocolate Bread Pudding from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Cake with Banana Cream from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Covered Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Strawberries from Country Girl in the Village
- Chocolate Mousse from Mom, What’s For Dinner?
- Chocolate Roll filled with Nutella Cream from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Velvet Ice Cream with Cherry Sauce from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas with Chocolate Sauce from The Roxx Box
- Coconut Sweetheart Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coeur a la Creme from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Mints from Simply Gourmet
- Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Torte from Kelly Bakes
- #GlutenFree Chocolate Almond Cloudless Cake from Cooking Underwriter
- Heart Shaped White Chocolate Cakes with Raspberry Cream from Noshing with the Nolands
- Homemade Cherry Mash Candies from Juanita’s Cocina
- Maple-Date Bars from Diabetic Foodie
- Meyer Lemon Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Samoa Bundt Cakes from Ruffles & Truffles
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake from Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Pistachio and Chocolate Souffle from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Raspberry Custard Tart from Kudos Kitchen
- Raw Fudge Love from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red Velvet French Macarons with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwiches from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookie Bars from Chocolate Moosey
- Red Wine Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting from The Urban Mrs.
- Strawberry Shortcake! from The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Valentine Cake Hearts from Ninja Baking
- Tres Leches Tea Cakes with Honey Riesling Soaked Fruit from Neighborfood
- Valentine’s Bakewell Tarts from Happy Baking Days
- Valentines Chocolate Apples from Big Bear’s Wife
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Drinks:
- Blood Orange Vodka Martinis from The Catholic Foodie
- Bloody Raspberry Cocktail from My Cute Bride
- Strawberry Gin Fizz from girlichef
#SundaySupper Valentine’s Day Tablescape: A Romantic Table For Two Please from An Appealing Plan