Summer is the time for picnics, cookouts, and outdoor parties. I feel like summer truly begins on Memorial Day and ends with Labor Day which means a lot of the summer events are patriotic events. In my family we also have a ton of summer birthdays so we try to mix them in with the patriotic holidays and have one celebrate per month.
I’m always looking for new and fun Red, White, and Blue recipes. While most of them are dessert recipes, I have made a tasty Red, White, and Blue potato salad before so I savory recipe isn’t out of the question. However, the recipe I’m sharing today is a dessert.
Not only is it a dessert, but it’s a no bake dessert. Since most patriotic holidays happen in the summertime I think it’s important to have a few no bake desserts in my repertoire so that I don’t have to turn the oven on when it’s really hot outside. These Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries are the perfect summer patriotic dessert!
The strawberries are super easy to make. Since they are already red all you need is to add the white and the blue. The white comes from either white candy melts or white chocolate. I used candy melts because it’s what I had in the cupboard but either will work. The blue simply comes from sprinkles.
I actually didn’t have any blue sprinkles but I had sanding sugar and I used blue food coloring to make it blue. Then I simply took the strawberries, dipped them in the white chocolate, and covered them in the blue sprinkles. These looked great, were super easy to make, and they tasted delicious! Perfect for a summer party.
- 2 dozen strawberries
- 1 c. white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- ½ c. blue sprinkles
- Place a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper on a table. Lay the strawberries out on the paper.
- Place the white chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each heating, until completely melted.
- Pour the blue sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Dip a strawberry two-thirds of the way into the white chocolate and shake off any excess.
- Then dip the wet strawberry one-third of the way into the blue sprinkles.
- Set the strawberry on the waxed paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Repeat with remaining strawberries. Place strawberries in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
July 4th, 1776 is the date the Second Continental Congress adopted The United States Declaration of Independence effectively ending British rule. Now we celebrate our independence each year on July 4th with fireworks, picnics, parades and backyard barbecues across our nation. Join these 11 bloggers as we celebrate and share some patriotic themed recipes!
- Apple Slab Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Berry Phyllo Cups with Lemon Cheesecake Cream by Caroline’s Cooking
- Best Fruit Kabobs by Feeding Big
- Patriotic Cupcakes by Family Around The Table
- Red Velvet Dulce de Leche Poke Cake by Frugal Pantry
- Red, White and Blue Berry Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White & Blue Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White & Blue Nachos by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Simple and Savory
- Red, White and Blue Scones by Culinary Adventures with Camilla