Every year when December rolls around we hurry to put up the tree as quickly as possibly. We get it down from the attic and then carry up the ornaments from the basement. I love looking through the ornaments as we put them on the tree. Most of them my husband and I bought after we started dating.
We have blue and silver bulbs that go on the tree, some mini ornaments, an ornament from our wedding, one from when we bought our house, and other fun ornaments. Some of my favorites are the ones that students have made for me over the years. It’s always nice to receive one that is homemade from a student.
Since I like the ornaments so much I’m sure their parents do as well. That’s why this year I plan on having my students make ornaments and wrap them up to take home to their parents. I think it’ll be a nice gift for the parents and something my students can be proud of.
These DIY Reindeer ornaments are super easy to make. All it takes it a clear glass (or plastic) bulb, some googly eyes, red pom poms for the nose, brown paper, and brown pipe cleaners for the antlers. I used both craft glue and hot glue and I prefer the hot glue because it’s much easier to stick everything together.
Kids can tear a piece of brown construction paper into small pieces and fill up the clear bulb. Then they can glue on the eyes, nose, and antlers. It’s a simple craft that only takes 10 minutes but it’s an ornament that parents can cherish forever.
- 6 clear Christmas bulbs
- 6 sheets brown construction paper
- 12 googly eyes
- 6 red pom poms
- 6 brown pipe cleaners
- Hot glue
- Remove the top of the Christmas bulbs.
- Rip each piece of brown construction paper into small pieces. Place the pieces inside of the bulb until it is full. Place the top bag on the bulb.
- Using hot glue, glue two eyes on each bulb. Glue a red nose on each bulb.
- Bend the brown pipe cleaners in half and then glue the pipe cleaners to the top of the ornament.
- Allow the ornaments to dry for 15 minutes then hang on the tree!