This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Winter is here and it doesn’t show signs of going away anytime soon. It’s snowing here in Maryland and it’s cold outside. I’m often looking for something to help brighten up my day which is why I’m so glad Florida Strawberries are available from December through April! These sweet berries always put a smile on my face especially when there is snow on the ground.
Since fresh Florida Strawberries are something I enjoy I wanted to share them with my coworkers as well. I often make desserts and take them in to school for my fellow teachers. In the past I used to bake almost every weekend but now that I have Baby J that makes it a little more difficult. That’s why I love making no bake desserts!
I went to my local Martin’s Foods and picked up a few containers of Florida Strawberries. I wasn’t sure how many containers I would need but I knew we would enjoy the rest of them in fruit salad or in our morning yogurt. I also grabbed everything else I would need to make this No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie. If you can’t find Florida strawberries at your local grocer simply request that they get them in stock.
This recipe is easy to make and if I’m making it while wearing Baby J I don’t have to worry about a hot stove while making it. I knew that the Florida strawberries would be delicious in a no bake pie plus they are nutritional as well. Since I get a lot of colds in the winter I love knowing that just eight medium strawberries contain more vitamin C than one orange so I can easily get in my daily vitamin C!
To make this tasty pie I simply made a basic graham cracker crust and put it in the refrigerator to chill while I made the mousse. I’m often hesitant to mix fresh strawberries into cream because it causes it to break but by pureeing the strawberries and adding in gelatin it allows them to mix into the heavy cream without any problem. I added in both lime juice and lime zest to give it a bit of tartness against the sweetness of the strawberries.
Then I simply poured the mousse into the prepared crust and refrigerated it until I was ready to serve. It’s that easy! Before serving I also like to add whipped cream and additional strawberries to the top. This No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie is creamy, flavorful, and sweet. The strawberry flavor really shines through.
Want to learn more about Florida Strawberries? Check them out on:
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T. sugar
- 6 T. butter, melted
- 1 t. salt
- 12 Florida strawberries, stem removed and quartered
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ c. heavy cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ c. powdered
- 1 t. salt
- ½ c. sour cream
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 9 large Florida Strawberries
- ½ c. whipped cream
- zest from 1 lime
- Put the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor and process until smooth. Add in the melted butter and salt and process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture in a pie pan and press into the bottom and up the sides about 1½ inches. Refrigerate while making the mousse.
- To make the mousse place the strawberries in a food processor. Blend until pureed. Add in the gelatin and pulse 3 times. Let sit for 5 minutes then pulse 10-15 times or until the gelatin is combined with the strawberries.
- Meanwhile, put the heavy cream in a bowl and beat at high speed with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add in the vanilla, powdered sugar, and salt and beat at high speed for 1 minute. Add in the sour cream and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice to the strawberry mixture and mix with a spoon.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the heavy cream mixture and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed or until well combined.
- Pour the mousse into the chilled crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve place dollops of whipped cream on top of the pie and place a strawberry, stem removed, on top of each dollop. Sprinkle with lime zest.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
No Bake Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Cakes and Pies
- Dairy Free Strawberry Silk Pie by Helpful Homemade
- Easy and Delicious Florida Strawberry Pie by Family Foodie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No-Bake Strawberry Slab Pie by Hardly A Goddess
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry Icebox Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tasty Strawberry Layered Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pretzel Dessert by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Low Carb Lemon & Strawberry Cheesecake Treat by My Life Cookbook
- No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Lasagna by My Sweet Savings
- Strawberry Ginger Rice Pudding Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Tiramisu by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Biscotti by Authentically Candace
Special and Delicious Strawberry Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Jersey Girl Cooks
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake K-bobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Dole Whip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Mochi by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry S’mores Skillet Dip by Casa de Crews
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.