It’s no secret that I’ve been a little beef crazy this year. I enjoy throwing a big piece of beef in a simple marinade or rubbing steaks with herbs and spices. It doesn’t matter what cut we are having, if it’s from Certified Angus Beef brand I know it’s going to be good.
I have several rubs in jars that I keep in my cupboard. I like to make several at a time because it is easy to do and then store them in air tight containers to use whenever I need them. Marinades are a little different because I can’t make them ahead of time unless I want to freeze them and I don’t. It’s just as easy to whip up a new marinade whenever I need one.
Yesterday it finally stopped raining so we wanted to make flank steak on the grill. Flank steak is the perfect steak to marinate and then let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before cooking. I wanted an easy marinade but one that I haven’t had before so I went to Certified Angus Beef brands website and checked out their marinade recipes.
I chose their Signature Marinade because if you are going to call something “signature” it better be good. Plus I had all of the ingredients in the refrigerator….or so I thought. It turned out I didn’t have enough Worcestershire sauce so I added in a little soy sauce to make up the difference. I ended up really liking the flavor.
The flank steak came out nice and tender and the marinade added a lot of flavor. It was a little salty, a little spicy, and had a touch of umami. Pretty much everything you want in a simple marinade!
- ⅓ c. Worchestershire sauce
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 pound steak of your choice (I had Certified Angus Beef brand flank steak)
- In a medium bowl combine the Worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place your steak in a gallon sized zip top baggie and pour the marinade over top of the steak.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cook steak on a grill to medium rare temperature.