This year I decided to get a jump start on my holiday baking and started testing recipes in August. In September my brother got married so I made a few of my favorites to take to the wedding and to put on the cookie table. The clear favorite by everyone at the wedding was this Pecan Pie Cheesecake Fudge.
Just the name says it all. If you like pecan pie, cheesecake, and fudge, you are going to love these little treats. The bottom layer of the fudge has a sweet brown sugar crust. It's topped off by white cheesecake fudge. The fudge is so rich and creamy it's totally to die for. Then the entire thing is sprinkled with chopped pecans.
The fudge is sweet and delicious with a nice crunch added in from the pecans on top. While it's only made in an 8 x 8 baking dish, I was able to get 30 little squares out of the pan. I had several people come up to me at the wedding asking for the recipe. I'll be making this again for Thanksgiving dessert instead of a pecan pie. It's so easy to make and easy to grab on the go.
- 16 saltine crackers
- ⅓ c. pretzels, crushed
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 c. white chocolate chips or candy melts
- 2 T. butter
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ c. marshmallow cream or fluff
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425b degrees. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil.
- Place the saltines in an even layer in the bottom of the baking dish, slightly overlapping them. Sprinkle the crushed pretzels over top of the crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in condensed milk.
- Carefully pour the mixture over top of the crackers and pretzels.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan combine the white chocolate, butter, salt, and sweetened condensed milk. Heat until the white chocolate has melted. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the pudding to the white chocolate mixture. Stir until dissolved. Add in the marshmallow cream and stir until combined with other ingredients.
- Pour the fudge over top of the cracker crust. Smooth with a spatula.
- Quickly sprinkle the pecans over top of the hot fudge. Press them down with the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate the fudge until has hardened. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 30 squares.