Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Maple Mousse in Brown Sugar, Brown Butter, and Bacon cookie cups: Daring Baker's Challenge
1. In a small saucepan bring the maple syrup to a boil. Remove from heat.
5. Whisk the gelatin mixture into the maple syrup mixture. Set aside. Whisk occasionally for the next hour. (I did this about every 10 minutes)
Brown Sugar, Brown Butter, and Bacon Cookie Cups (adapted from Lipstick Blogger)
7 T. butter
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. flour
1 large egg
2 slices bacon, cooked and minced
2 t. vanilla
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray (I sprayed 18 cups).
3. In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and bacon.
4. Mix the brown sugar with the butter stirring until all the lumps are out. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add in the flour mixture, stirring after each addition.