At first I wasn't too sure about this but the more I saw them the more they grew on me. I like the fact that the containers can be held in one hand and don't require any silverware. They are perfect for parties. They are also single serve which makes them handy.
After contemplating what I wanted to make I went into the kitchen to see what I had. I noticed a jar of lemon curd that needed used up and a container of Cool Whip that didn't have much left in it. Looking at the two items I immediately thought lemon cream pie.
This was the perfect recipe for this week's #SundaySupper Citrus edition. This was a super quick recipe that I was able to whip up in 10 minutes. They are sweet, a little tart, and just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I was very excited about trying them and after taking a few pictures outside I was carrying the push pops into the house when one of them jumped out of the jar and exploded all over our living room floor. Thankfully we have hardwood floors so it was easy to clean up and then mop but I was very sad that I lost one of my desserts.
Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops (a Hezzi-D original)
1/4 c. lemon curd
1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
1 c. Cool Whip Lite (or any other whipped cream)
10 vanilla wafers
2 graham cracker sheets
1 T. butter
1 t. vanilla
4 push pop containers
1. In a small bowl combine the lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.
2. Crush the vanilla wafers and graham cracker sheets into crumbs. Melt the butter and then pour over top of the cookie crumbs. Add the vanilla and mix well.
3. Put the lemon mixture into a zip top bag and seal. Put the Cool Whip into a zip top bag and seal. Cut off the ends of both bags.
4. Place a tablespoon of the cookie crumb mixture in the bottom of the push pop container. Pipe in a layer of lemon and then a layer of whipped cream. Top with an additional tablespoon of cookie crumbs. Pipe another layer of lemon then top off with the whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle the top with remaining cookie crumbs and a thin slice of lemon peel. Repeat with remaining push pop containers.
6. Refrigerate, making sure to keep the push pops upright, until ready to serve.
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.
This post linked to:
Two Cup Tuesdays,