As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I love cute desserts. It’s no secret that when it comes to baking I love making creative desserts. For a while it seemed like everyone was making cake pops. Then came all the flavored cupcakes. Now it seems as though the new trend is desserts in push pop containers.
At first I wasn’t too sure about this but the more I saw them the more they grew on me. I like the fact that the containers can be held in one hand and don’t require any silverware. They are perfect for parties. They are also single serve which makes them handy.
After contemplating what I wanted to make I went into the kitchen to see what I had. I noticed a jar of lemon curd that needed used up and a container of Cool Whip that didn’t have much left in it. Looking at the two items I immediately thought lemon cream pie.
This was the perfect recipe for this week’s #SundaySupper Citrus edition. This was a super quick recipe that I was able to whip up in 10 minutes. They are sweet, a little tart, and just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I was very excited about trying them and after taking a few pictures outside I was carrying the push pops into the house when one of them jumped out of the jar and exploded all over our living room floor. Thankfully we have hardwood floors so it was easy to clean up and then mop but I was very sad that I lost one of my desserts.
Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops (a Hezzi-D original)
1/4 c. lemon curd
1/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
1 c. Cool Whip Lite (or any other whipped cream)
10 vanilla wafers
2 graham cracker sheets
1 T. butter
1 t. vanilla
4 push pop containers
1. In a small bowl combine the lemon curd and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well.
2. Crush the vanilla wafers and graham cracker sheets into crumbs. Melt the butter and then pour over top of the cookie crumbs. Add the vanilla and mix well.
3. Put the lemon mixture into a zip top bag and seal. Put the Cool Whip into a zip top bag and seal. Cut off the ends of both bags.
4. Place a tablespoon of the cookie crumb mixture in the bottom of the push pop container. Pipe in a layer of lemon and then a layer of whipped cream. Top with an additional tablespoon of cookie crumbs. Pipe another layer of lemon then top off with the whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle the top with remaining cookie crumbs and a thin slice of lemon peel. Repeat with remaining push pop containers.
6. Refrigerate, making sure to keep the push pops upright, until ready to serve.