Happy Father’s Day! This week #SundaySupper is celebrating our dads. I am lucky enough that while you are reading this I am on my way home to Pittsburgh to see my dad for Father’s Day. Not only that but my brother and I are running in Pittsburgh’s version of The Amazing Race so it should be an action packed day.
I’m always on the lookout for new fish recipes. I’ve only been eating fish for a handful of years now and I’m not very good at cooking it. Whenever I eat fish I think of my dad. When we were little he used to take my brother and I fishing every summer. I was not your typical girly girl and I loved putting the worm on my hook and pulling the fish out of the water. I stopped fishing when I hit 16 but my brother and my dad still go together to this day.
|Father Daughter Dance at my wedding|
Another reason fish make me think of my dad because growing up I flat out refused to eat them so we never had fish at home. Mom never cooked fish unless it was something we brought home whenever we went fishing. So many times when we go out to eat my father would order fish and chips or a fish sandwich since he never got to eat fish at home. Now that I do eat a limited number of fish I’m hoping to cook it for him someday day.
I wanted to make a fish dish for Father’s Day to show my dad I’m thinking about him. He is such a patient and kind man and he’s the best listener there is. So I set off searching for the perfect fish recipe. I’ve seen recipes for fish with black bean sauce before but I’ve never wanted to try them because they looked too complicated. When I came across this recipe it looked easy enough so I gave it a try.
|Dad’s 60th Birthday Party|
The fish was cooked almost perfectly in the oven with the peppers. I love that you put the fish in the parchment paper to cook because it seals in the juices and flavors. The black bean sauce was thick and a little salty. It made the perfect pairing for the light flavor of the tilapia. The vegetables added color and flavor to this dish as well. I hope I get to make this for my dad soon!
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill ! by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad ~ Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Zabaglione with Fresh Berries by My Other City By the Bay
- Richest-Ever Chocolate Pound Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Cracker by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.