Summer is here and that means I don’t want to be in the kitchen using the oven and heating up the house. When you don’t have air conditioning you learn to make what you can without the oven. We do a lot of grilling in the summer time but when it comes to desserts I have a hard time finding something that I don’t have to bake. I finally found a recipe for a no bake cheesecake that looked delicious.
This cheesecake is made with cream cheese, heavy cream, and 4 eggs. The interesting thing about this recipe is that while the egg yolks are cooked with milk in a pan, the egg whites are left raw. When using raw egg whites make sure you use pasteurized eggs like Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. These eggs are placed in an all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process which eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the flavor or the nutrition!
The cheesecake was easy to whip up. I bought a pre-made graham cracker crust so I wouldn’t have to turn on the oven to bake one. The filling is made by cooking the egg yolks, milk, and sugar and then combining it with gelatin. The egg whites are then beat until stiff and folded in. It makes for an incredibly light and fluffy cheesecake that is perfect for summer time!
To finish off the cheesecake, I found some fresh and delicious berries at the farmer’s market this past week and placed them on top. The sweetness of the cake with the tartness of the berries tasted like summer. Give this cheesecake a try, you’ll be glad you did!
Want to try your hand at making a no-bake dessert? Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs is having a recipe contest to create a summer no bake recipe featuring their eggs. The first prize winner receives a $500 gift card, a ticket to the Food & Wine Conference, plus a year’s supply of eggs! There are also prizes for second place. Find out all the contest details HERE.
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1½ T. plain gelatin
- ½ c. very cold water
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs, divided into yolks and whites
- ½ c. sugar
- ¾ c. milk
- 2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 T. vanilla
- zest of one lemon
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. fresh berries
- In a small bowl combine the gelatin and cold water. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the egg yolks, sugar, and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add in the lemon zest and mix well. Beat the egg yolk mixture in gradually.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until they are fluffy. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a chilled bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the cheesecake.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, top with fresh berries.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.